Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Second Round of Chemo and my 2 Weeks of Freedom

Hey everyone! I apologies for the Delay on updating you guys on how things have been going. These last 2 weeks have been a little hectic as well as there has been a healthy amount of procrastination on my part :) 


With this blog I am going to go over my week of Chemo as well as Week off so Far.


Monday April 9th the day before I was scheduled to start my Chemo my Grandpa Cal passed away peacefully in his sleep he was 94 and would have been 95 that following Sunday. While this was a hard loss for our family there was also a lot of comfort in the peaceful way in which he passed. The Viewing was on Sunday evening which was his Birthday and the Funeral was Monday. It was a beautiful funeral everyone did such a wonderful job and he was even honored with a flag ceremony for his service to our country. 


Chemo week was eventful but much better then the first round. I went in on Tuesday for my first day and after was very dizzy and a little nauseated but nothing super bad. When I went in Wednesday when checking my vitals like they do everyday before Chemo they discovered that I had a fever of 101.7, they do not like this to be higher then a 101.4 so Wednesday they were not able to give me Chemo. I also had some minor chest pain so they did x-rays to check the clotting in my lungs and make sure everything was okay with that. Everything looked fine with the x-rays and I was there for about 3 hours while they gave me IV fluids and antibiotics. By the time we left my fever was gone which was nice. I had my brother-in law with me and he was so awesome to help me remember everything they said as I was a little out of if and he even pushed me in my wheel chair to get all my x-rays (without running me into anything) ;) It was really nice to have him there! 




As I had missed a day of Chemo I was rescheduled to Start again Thursday and go through till Saturday. Despite the fever Wednesday this round of Chemo so far has been the easiest on me I was not a tiered, or nauseated and did not throw up once which I always consider a blessing since my Chemo is so aggressive. Even though I had to go in on Saturday It really was not to bad at all My mom was able to go with me and we are always able to have a good laugh when together since we are two peas in a pod! :) 




After Chemo on Saturday I was feeling amazingly well so me and my mom decided to go get our nails done for my Grandpas funeral and then we made a delicious dinner of Steamed Jasmine Rice, Cauliflower, Broccoli and fried Zucchini. It was delicious and it was so nice to be able to eat and not be sick! 


For my Week off Chemo I have recovered my energy quickly and it has been a blessing! This Round of chemo has once again completely changed the way I taste and crave things and the things I liked last time do not really apply this time which is so funny to me. 
I can not taste meat, breads, or refined sugars they only have a texture so they have been gross to me.


Foods that I have been able to taste and have been so good have been:


Steamed Veggies:




Salads:




Fruits (now this one is strange for me because I have always hated fruit now I love it!) I have also been making a lot of 100% natural Fruit Slushys! This is a recipe I got from my Sister Angie. Its 100% natural Orange Juice Concentrate with pineapple chucks with juice and Ice and it is SO GOOD! 


Cheeses:




Any potatoes type foods like Tater tots:
And Lastly is that I can taste some typed of Fish, I have been able to enjoy clam chowder, crab salad, and Thankfully Sushi! I have been loving Harmons sushi ( Harmons is just awesome in general!) 




Really the only thing that has stayed the same is the Salt Water rinses these I do several times a day because they help so much with the funny taste I get in my mouth and I have been blessed to not have the awful mouth sores that Chemo gives you and I think this has really helped prevent them. 
It will be Interesting to see as we go how this Changes but I am grateful right now that what I can eat and what I have been craving has been mostly healthy food! 


My Friend Amanda had Her Birthday this past week and so she came over and we had a fun day of shopping at Sams and Harmon's. We made an amazing lunch of Steamed rice and Friend Zucchini and Squash then for her Birthday we made her a delicious dessert that I had found on Pinterest. 




On Friday Me and Mike went out with our Friends Kurt and Shyleen and there cute little girl lexi to dinner and a Movie. It was so Good we went to the Sizzle at the District (Best Sizzler EVER) and then we saw The Lucky One which was such a cute movie! 
















This past weekend My good friend Tim Visited from Washington and we went on a tour of the Copper Mine which was really fun! I learned so much about there operations there and after speaking with an employee who has worked for them for many years really gained respect for the Rio Tinto company. 







I also got to have some family time this sunday with my Sister and her family! It was so fun! My Sweet Niece Mary who knows I love Origami and is quite good at it made me a few of stuff I love! Hello Kitty, an Otter, and Yin and Yang. 




I want to thank You all for your constant thoughts and prayers I know that your prayers are what have made the difference and I am so grateful that God hears prayers and answers them. Without that I know I would not be doing as well and  it has made all the difference in my Life! 
For any of you reading this Blog that may be going through a hard time I just want you to know how important prayer and a positive attitude are I hope that you can find peace and strength through Christ and if you need prayer please let me know I would be happy to pray for you! After what I have been through I really believe in the power of prayer~


Thank You for Reading XOXO 

5 comments:

  1. The Paschalls love your blog!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You so much! And thank You for my cute Origami!!! Love You guys too! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashley! I love you so much and will keep you in my prayers.
    Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im so glad you have been blogging, Ash! I havent been on Facebook for awhile, so Im glad I can keep up on your and make sure youre ok :) You have such a positive outlook on life, thats why I love ya so! Also, thanks for the tip on the salt water! I am preggo and still sick, and I CONSTANTLY have a nasty taste in my mouth, and toothpaste just makes it worse. Ive been rinsing my mouth out with salt water after reading your blog and it helps SO MUCH! Thanks doll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey cute girl! Thanks so much! And Thanks for reading! Yeah my best friend is pregnant right now and It is crazy how my Chemo side effects and her pregnancy ones are the same. Like we both cant to mean she would eat all veggies if she could but she can do some Veggies. Its just crazy good practice for the future when I decide to have kids though! :) I hope things are going well with you and your little one! I am so excited for you and glad that the Salt Water Helped its really been a lifesaver for me! :) I hope everything is going great for you! Please left me know if you need anything! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete