Sunday, April 1, 2012

Getting Ready for Chemo-Head Shaving Party

Alright everyone before I get started on this blog I wanted to address a couple things regarding the head shaving because this is where people seem to get most upset for me and I don't want anyone to feel that way at all! The head shaving was one of the easiest things I have done by far throughout this experience. When I found out that I would be loosing all my hair I was prepared for this and it was not upsetting As you can see from just a few of these pictures I have always enjoyed drastic change with my hair and shaving it was just another adventure in a style I had never tried before. 














































The part that I liked the Most was that it was my choice I had control to just do it and make a fun thing out of it instead of watching it fall out. So as we go through this blog I photos and I just ask that you please not see it as a negative or sad experience as it was just another adventure along the road as I go through the steps of this journey to beating cancer! :) 




I want to take a minute to tell my father Paul Minardi thank you so much for being the one willing to shave my head I know this was not at all and easy thing for you and your gentle kindness and willingness to do this for me as my father was very meaningful to me! I love you so much! Also my father and my husband Mike both shaved there heads with me this very night and have kept the bald look with me so far and I will tell ya the 3 of us ROCK the bald look-its true! ;) 
The Rest of these photos are of The shaving. We got together at my Big sister's house and there was food and it was just a really chill good time! ABig thank you to my sister for letting us all pile into her house, feed us, and let us get hair all over the place! You ROCK! ;) 









And here we are all ready to go! 


I first few days were kind of an adjustment to temperature which I found very amusing oddly enough my head was cold so I would throw on a Beanie and then it would be too hot! Drove me crazy going back an forth! 


Several times I would wake up to my puppy Bailey just licking at the top of my head its felt SO weird I guess she liked the texture against her tongue Very Strange feeling LOL!!!! 

2 comments:

  1. We love your blog! You are a great example for me and my family of handling tough situations with an awesome attitude!! We love you and our prayers are with you always. You are an inspiration to us!! Paschall Family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much guys! I love you all too! XOXO

      Delete